Today’s prompt for Just Jot It January is about 2016. I was going to write about this anyway, so here goes…
My goals, dreams, plans for 2016 (in no particular order) are:
- Take the TEFL course (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- Teach for at least 3 months in Mexico
- Paint more
- Upload at least 100 photos on Bigstock, iStock, Dreamstime
- At least 1 blog post per week (after finishing JusJoJan)
- Sell beach house
- Get yard cleared up and looking half-way decent again
- Query local newspapers about writing for them
- Sell article re: Best Burgers on the Beach
- Sell article re: Deep in the “Start” of Texas
- Write (and sell) at least 6 more articles
- Enter at least one local art show
- Sail more!
- Fix blog issues
- Start playing the piano again
- Sign on a voyage through Crewseekers, Crewbay, etc.
- Go to Panama, investigate moving there
- Sail a tall ship to Antarctica!
- Explore Vietnam
- Thailand for the Songkram festival
- Granada for the Hippica I missed last year by a week!
- Spend some time in Ireland
- Take a cruise (on a big cruise ship)
That’s just a short list. Notice I didn’t put anything on there about losing weight this year. 😉
I think I can actually accomplish all of them down to about #16, even tho I’ll probably still be unemployed. The challenge is going to be for me to stop worrying about being out of work and how long I’ll probably be out of work, and what the heck am I going to do if I’m out of work for so long,etc. STOP letting those worries run me down and just LIVE life for a change!
Thank goodness I was able to prepare at least a little bit for this plunge in the price of oil. I knew I would probably get laid off, just like so many others already had been. I wish I had saved even more, but I’m not one for denying myself everything! I save what I can, but I still like to enjoy life in the meantime. 🙂
The most important thing I have to do this year is renew my USCG license (US Coast Guard). They’re only good for 5 years now. 😦
Without that, I can’t work anywhere. It’ll expire in mid-December, so I have to start getting everything ready to turn in by October at the latest. So, that means I’ll have to be around here. 😦 Otherwise, I think I would just stay down in Mexico teaching (at least until some offshore work starts up again).
I can’t wait til I’m able to RETIRE! Oh, how I wish I could forget about working from now on!!! I’ve been trying to figure out some way to quit working for the last few years. Now that I’ve been laid off and no real hope of a job anytime soon, I’ve been constantly thinking of possible scenarios. What if? What it? So far, I haven’t been able to come up with anything that makes any sense.
It’s a new year and hopefully it will turn out better than the last one. I hope that’s true for ALL of us! Here’s to 2016! 🙂