I can do all those things for everything EXCEPT losing weight. I don’t know why dieting is the only thing I can’t get to work. Maybe just because it’s FOREVER. It only took me 35 years to get my unlimited masters license. It’s already been 40+ years I’ve been trying to lose weight and I STILL can’t manage it. I think those same things are the keys to weight loss too.
I suppose we all agree that in order to lose weight we need to eat less and exercise. That seems pretty simple, so why is it so difficult to lose weight? For me, I find there are five keys to losing weight, the five D’s:
- Desire-first I have to really want to lose weight
- Don’t doubt (believe you can do it)
- Dream about it, visualize it
- Discipline-I have to be willing to eat less and exercise
- Determined-I have to be persistent and keep dieting even though I occasionally give in to temptation and eat too much.
The great thing about the five D’s is that it works for any goal or dream in your life, not just losing weight.
It all starts with desire. If you have burning desire to achieve a goal, you probably will achieve it if you believe you can. We have all heard people say…
View original post 997 more words